Electronic simulator of man-portable air defense system (MANPADS) "Igla" (hereinafter - the simulator) is designed to train the commander and the gunner on combat operation of MANPADS "Igla".
High quality of training is provided by full compliance with weight dimensional characteristics, controls and visualization of the MANPADS "Igla" simulator and combat model.
Use of virtual reality glasses with high precision position detectors allows maximum transfer of simulated environment and trainee actions.
The simulator allows the gunner to solve the following tasks:
• Search and visual detection of air targets;
• Choice of operation mode of onboard equipment of rocket flight control (target engagement on opposite course or pursuit course);
• Determination of initial data for firing and choice of the right time for switching on the ground power supply;
• Choice of operation mode of launching mechanism ("automatic" or "manual");
• Sighting and target lock on by infrared homing device of a missile;
• Quality assessment of lock on;
• Determination of the right time for launching a missile when firing at non-maneuvering targets and targets that perform maneuvers (dive, nosing-up, by course and altitude).
Standard configuration comprises:
• Workstation of the instructor - 1 set;
• Commander’s console - 1 set;
• MANPADS simulator - 1 set;
• Portable power device - 1 set;
• Table-stand - 1 set;
• Folding chair - 2 pieces.
The workstation design provides wireless operation with three MANPADS simulators placed at the distance of up to 30 m.