ZSU-23-4BM “Shilka” upgraded self-propelled air defense gun is intended to destruct low flying airborne targets – including UAVs – flying at distance of up to 2500 m and altitude of up to 1500 m with the speed of up to 450 m/s.
Upgrage of self-propelled air defense gun involves installation of modern optronic system “Strizh-М2” with the following capabilities:
• Search, lock-on and automatic tracking of a target based on target designation data received from a superior command post;
• Autonomous search, detection and tracking of airborne and ground-based (water-based) targets in passive mode based on target designation data received from AWS of combat vehicle commander;
• Search for a target within a preset sector or in all-round mode;
• Possibility to perform passive evaluation of distance to a tracked target using neural network technologies;
• Visualization of situation and service data.