Purpose - ensuring 24-hour passive detection of targets by vehicle crew, 24-hour aimed firing by the gunner using machine guns at maximum firing distances. The works include replacement of 1PZ-2 (1PZ-7) obsolete day anti-aircraft sight, TKN-3 combined observation device and TVNE-4B night observation device as well as equipping driver’s cabin with modern optronic system intended for armored vehicle driver.
1. “PUMA DRIVER–SOFIA” driver’s optronic system
It is designed for carrying out day time, twilight time and night time terrain (road) observation when driving in combat mode.
2. “MANUL” day/night sight
The sight is designed for terrain observation, target search & detection, measuring ranges to targets and day/night aimed firing using KPVT and PKT machine guns. The sight is used as a part of APC BTR-80. “Manul” is installed on standard site of 1PZ-2 (1PZ-7) sight.
3. “TKN–N” commander’s day/night observation device
TKN–N i s i nstalled i n t he c ommander’s t urret g roove o n standard site of TKN–3 d evice w ithout a ny d esign m odifications. TKN–N is a passive device with the following observation channels:
• Day optical channel with 4х magnification;
• Day optical channel with 8х magnification;
• IIT-based night channel with 4х magnification;
• Thermal imaging channel with 4х magnification.