Purpose - ensuring 24-hour passive detection of targets by BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle crew and firing using vehicle weapons at maximum distances in poor visibility conditions. The works include replacement of 1PZ-3 obsolete day anti-aircraft sight, TKN-3B combined observation device and TNPO-170A observation device.
1. “TKN–N” commander’s day/night observation device
TKN–N is installed in the commander’s turret groove on standard site of TKN-3B device without any design modifications. TKN–N is a passive device with the following observation channels:
• Day optical channel with 4х magnification;
• Day optical channel with 8х magnification;
• IIT-based night channel with 4х magnification;
• Thermal imaging channel with 4х magnification.
2. “PUMA DRIVER–170A” combined day/night driver’s device
It is designed to perform day-and-night observation when driving a combat vehicle.
3. “MANUL” day/night sight
The sight is designed for terrain observation, target search & detection, measuring ranges to targets and day/night aimed firing. “Manul” is installed on standard site of 1PZ–3 sight.